Help to Buy
Buying a home just got easier…
Purchase your dream home with as little as 5% deposit.
The Government-backed ‘Help to Buy’ scheme is designed to help you buy your dream new-build home with a 5% deposit, 75% mortgage, and a 20% government loan.
Help to Buy is available to everyone, not just first time buyers, and can be used to purchase a home, up to the value of £600,000 for any property size.
The equity loan is interest-free for the first five years (although interest is still payable on your mortgage). In the 6th year, an interest fee is charged at 1.75% of the loan’s value. After this, the fee increases every year. The increase is calculated as the Retail Prices Index + 1%.
As the home is in your name, you can sell it at any time. You repay the equity loan when you sell your home or reach the end of your mortgage period – whichever comes sooner.
Help To Buy Guidelines:
- Available to all home buyers, not just first time buyers.
- You only need a 5% deposit
- You will only need to secure up to a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society
- The Government provide an equity loan of up to 20% of the property’s purchase price
- Part repayment (amounting to at least 10% of the current market value) can be made at any time
- The equity loan can be repaid at any time during your mortgage period, or on the eventual sale of your home, whichever comes sooner
- There is a maximum home purchase price of £600,000
- Sub-letting is not permitted
For more information download our Help To Buy leaflet or speak to one of our Sales Advisors